Friday, November 11, 2011

The Cat Hoodie

It snowed on the farm yesterday. It stayed cold enough today for my grandchildren to ask for mittens when they played outside--and keep them on. It's still cold enough for snow here, so I took a day off from making socks for Christmas orders to make a cat hoodie for Melissa, my friend from the Poison Garden. Her cat is of a certain age, but he still thinks of himself as a young swain and is not content to look out the window at the snow and bluster of a central Indiana winter. He dashes out no matter how careful his people are. He does not venture far, but he comes back wet and shivering. It takes some time for him to get his joints working properly again. I put aside my logical side, reasoning that his thick fur kept him warm and dry and made him a sweater with a I made sure there was enough nylon in the yarn to keep the rain and snow from reaching his fur. He can gad about in style, a mass of lime green, turquoise and lemon yellow stripes. I will try to get Melissa to take his picture and post it for you all to see.

3 comments:

  1. Ah! I am so excited the cat hoodie is done! I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zac is taking pictures of the hoodies using a stuffed toy charpei puppy as a model. It is not perfect but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete