Friday, November 4, 2011

BEST Featured Artists: Start of the Holiday season

Happy Friday!  Well Halloween is over, the nights are getting longer and soon it will be time for the Holiday season.  While I wait a while before I start making my holiday purchases, I always like to spend a few months planning and thinking about what I might buy (or what I may put on my own wish list).  And this year I would like to buy as many handmade items as I can for gifts! Go handmade!  Anyways, today I would like to feature a few stores that offer wonderful gift and holiday items.

Pearls and Pendant Necklace
I love the jewelry over at Blue and White Wear.  Much of her jewelry has an oriental flair, but she also makes jewelry with a variety of natural gemstones as well.  In addition to jewelry, you can also find wine glass charms.  The necklace featured on the left is one of my favorite, but I am a sucker for freshwater pearls.  I love how on one side, the pearls are rounded and as you move to the other side, the pearls are more of a coin shape.  Very unique!  Also, I think she does a wonderful job with the wire-wrapping on the pendant.  This would make a lovely gift for any special woman in your life or buy for yourself for upcoming parties and occasions!
 
Christmas Stocking
KC Dragonfly is one of my favorite Etsy stores which offers parasols, stockings, ear cuffs, pouches and bags, cellphone charms, jewelry and decorative bottles.  For anyone who has a more alternative style, this store is excellent!  I had to feature one of her goth Christmas stockings called "Nightmare Before Christmas" made from black and white damask fabric with red and black trimmings.  The stocking even has a little heel...it would look so cute hanging in my living room at Christmas! 

Pine Tree Card
And finally, what would the Holiday season be without handmade cards?  Even if you do not have time to make your own cards, you can still purchase a handmade cards. Empty on the Inside (cute name too!) is run by Annie of Oklahoma.  One of the things I love about this shop is that the cards are hand-painted! Now you can purchase cards and art all at the same time.  The cards are also blank inside so you can write whatever message you would like, although the cards are signed by Annie.  And to go along with the Christmas stocking, here is one of their Winter cards featuring a pine tree with a shiny red berry.


  Well that is all for this week, check back next week for more great ideas and great artists!

**********************************************************************************
If you are an Etsy artist and are interested in writing weekly blog articles featuring other Etsy artists, while also gaining exposure for your own store, then head over and check out the BESTeam for more information.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome post! And not just cuz one of my cards is included ;-). I love the stocking! And I love the idea of buying handmade for Christmas! Thanks, ladies!

    Empty On the Inside
    Dough, Dirt & Dye

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, everyone should buy handmade for CHRISTmas! let's put Walmart out of business. hahahaha
    Debbi
    -ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for featuring my pearl necklace. Let's hope everyone buys handmade for the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I need a button that says "I take the handmade Christmas challenge" haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unique items -- I love the pearl necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful items. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Christmas stocking is absolutely FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy from an Etsy team member! Lovely site! Come join me for more Steampunkyness and such http://lonelyalchemist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete