Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Countdown to Halloween: Movie Magic

Pumpkins, ghosts, ghouls and goblins...I love Halloween and cannot get enough of it! One of my favorite things to do heading up to Halloween is to watch my list of favorite movies.  Surprisingly, though, I do not include many horror movies in my list... I am a child trapped in an adult body :)

I had a hard time deciding if Nightmare Before Christmas or the Addams Family movies should be at the top of the list, but whenever I think "Halloween" the first movie that pops in my head is Tim Burton's film.  There were a couple of movies that were runner-ups for my top ten including the Frighteners and Sleepy Hollow.  Ok enough rambling, here is my list:

My Top Ten Halloween Movies:
1. Nightmare Before Christmas
2. Adams Family
3. Adams Family Values
4. Casper
5. Dracula (1931)
6. Beetlejuice
7. Hocus Pocus
8. Halloween 2 (Rob Zombie)
9. Practical Magic
10. Edward Scissorhands

How about you?  What are some of your favorite Halloween movies?

4 comments:

  1. Great List! I love Hocus Pocus, Dracula 1931, Beetlejuice, and Practical Magic.
    My favorite is Dracula with Gary Oldman...I just love the music and costumes, and sets so much! I also love all the oldies from Hammer Studios...with Vincent Price (all the Poe ones especially)and all the old Christopher Lee Hammer Studios movies also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the Dracula with Oldman as well - he does a great accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a new blue-ray disc of Dracula (with Gary Oldman)that I'm saving to watch for Halloween! I also love Murnau's Nosferatu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man - I actually had never seen Nosferatu until last year!

    ReplyDelete