Friday, July 22, 2011

Get ready!

There are two kinds of people in this world--those who have their Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving and those who are madly shopping and wrapping Christmas Eve. I try to have everything bought and wrapped by Halloween and leave the decorating for the day after Thanksgiving. When I was living in California I put the tulip bulbs in the refrigerator to cool on Thanksgiving and planted them New Year's Day. I am starting the Christmas knitting and crocheting today.

If you want to see them, visit my site on etsy (Nona'sKnits) or come to Darlington Old Fashioned Days September 9 and 10 in Darlington, IN. Old Fashioned days. Eventually the house will be a small B&B furnished like the original house in period antiques and antique replica furniture produced on site by my son-in-law. More on that as the opening date gets near.

We think the ghost is pleased with the renovations and restoration of the house. She has not spooked my son-in-law as she did the previous contractors and there is a sense of peace and contentment there now. The ghost hunters reassured me that there was nothing to fear in the house and I am looking forward to seeing what the guests find in the bedrooms upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment